The Indigenous Resource Network (IRN) is soliciting interest to fill two vacancies on our Board of Directors. Applications will be open from now until September 1, 2023 at 12:00 am.
To be eligible for the IRN Board of Directors, the candidate must:
- Must be a supporter and be registered with the Indigenous Resource Network*
- Lived experience and knowledge of Indigenous Communities and realities are an asset
- Must align with IRN Values, and have an established presence advocating for responsible resource development with Indigenous workers, businesses, and communities
Board member's duties include:
- Ensure that the organization complies with appropriate laws, regulations, and obligations
- Maintain or establish policies for governance, ethics, personnel, budget development, contracts and financial reporting
- Monitor the budget to ensure resources are allocated according to organizational priorities
- Ensure the sustainability of the organization
- Conduct strategic planning
- Guide the Executive Director, including and managing their performance
- Represent the best interests of the organization which includes managing conflict of interest, ensuring a fiduciary duty, and duty of care
- Attend regular (minimum quarterly) Board Meetings, including serving on at least one Committee (minimum) quarterly meetings)
The Indigenous Resource Network applies a competency framework to determine skills, qualifications and geographic interest are being represented. We are seeking people with the following skills, experience and from the following region(s):
- Senior business leadership experience in the Canadian Natural Resource sector
- Financial Management
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Initiatives
- Corporate experience in one or more key industry sectors – Energy, Mining, Forestry, Fisheries, and Agriculture. Preference will be given to those in Eastern and Atlantic parts of Canada and within the Forestry and Fisheries sector
This is a volunteer opportunity that includes remuneration for attending board meetings.
Applications must be sent to [email protected] and include a CV, and a cover letter indicating the reason for fit and selection. Applications must be sent by the time listed above, and anything received after will not be considered.
*Register at https://www.indigenousresourcenetwork.ca/supporter